I wrote a post in on of the groups I run on Facebook and feel that the information is so important that I have decided to put it in a blog as well. Below is the post copied here for all to see.
I feel as though I have been surrounded by people talking about having to go on a diet in order to lose weight. It in all honest have been driving me insane! There does not need to be a “diet’ that you go on. Let’s go back to the original definition of diet “the kinds of food that people, animal, or community habitually eat”. If you eat nothing but fast food you are on a fast food diet. If you eat nothing but plants you are on a plant diet. A diet is what you habitually eat. Let’s lose the term “diet”
Here are some tips for “losing weight” – again this is the wrong focus but let’s go with it.
1. Eat real food – “If it comes from a plant eat it. If it was made in a plant don’t” –
2. Eat 25grams of protein at breakfast – this will help stabilize your blood sugar throughout the day.
3. Eat when you are hungry. Stop when you are full.
4. Be consistent. Aim for an 80/20 plan. Don’t be afraid to treat yourself but if you are going to feel guilty about it don’t eat it.
5. If you are following a plan that tells you that you are “not allowed” or “cannot” eat something then do not follow that plan. At no point in your life should you not be allowed to eat something – unless you are going to have a serious health reaction to it.
I have a fantastic friend who is a nutritionist and you can access her website and find out how to eat for your body type – trust me it will make a huge difference – by going to this link.
Remember at the end of the day you decide what goes into your body. Life should not be able to losing weight. Life should be about living a healthy lifestyle and being happy. If we all live to be healthy then we may have to suffer the side effects that go with it – you know lose weight, lose fat, build muscle, be happy – I don’t know about you but I am willing to risk these side effects rather then be told what I can and cannot eat.
When we as humans eat real food, move our bodies and live a healthy lifestyle – including taking care of our mental and emotional health as well as our physical – then and only then will we as a human race be healthy.